The Community Legal Education Center (CLEC) is a Cambodian non-governmental organization working on promoting the Rule of Law, Justice and Democracy by supporting the development of appropriate institutions of justice, enhancing public knowledge of and encouraging participation in governance and the legal system, and advocating for good governance to achieve justice, peace and social harmony for all Cambodians.
The CLEC currently is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a position of Communication Advocacy Assistant. The contractor will be working in 3-month with possible extension to assist and support CLEC ICT. The candidate will have:
Report: Report directly to AHRM and Executive Director.
Under the supervision of the AHRM, the contract staff will:
- Produce relevant video documentaries to be used as advocacy tools of all CLEC programs through consultation with related program staff and management;
- Produce all other relevant advocacy materials including video, radio, written and online media through consultation with related program staff and management;
- Maintain and update information on CLEC’s website and social media sites in cooperation with IT staff to ensure fast and accurate dissemination of information on CLEC cases, campaigns and program activities;
- Produce and disseminate all media releases and statements to ensure media coverage of CLEC cases, campaigns and program activities; and
- Mentor and assist ICT program staff and media operators in production and content of online TV and radio programs and community generated media.
Further the assistant will assist with other duties of the ICT Program as necessary including but not limited to:
- Join in the planning process of project activities;
- Cooperate with all concerned persons, stakeholders, and/or institutions to mobilize resources that are necessary for implementing project activities;
- Implement together with the ICT team, project activities following the project workplan, in quantity and quality as stipulated in the project documents;
- Prepare reports as guided by Executive Director;
- Jointly conduct monitoring and evaluation regularly, to assure that the implementation of project activities is on track;
- Participate in meetings/activities as requested by the CLEC policies or supervisors; and
- Provide assistance to other program teams and colleagues at the CLEC when and where there is appropriate request (with approval of supervisors); and perform other tasks as assigned or requested by supervisors.
Submission of Applications:
Applicants who meet the requirements should send:
- A cover letter briefly describing and justifying how they meet the above mentioned requirements; and
- An updated CV
To CLEC e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or office address: #237, Phlov Lum (St. 68D), Thmey village, Sangkat Dangkor, Khan Dangkor, Phnom Penh.
Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: As soon as possible
You can also find this job advertisement on our Facebook: facebook.com/CLEC